Linksys produces one of the finest routers in the world. Similar to other routers Linksys routers also need configuration and other technical stuff to be performed. The end user finds some difficulties operating these routers so I have created a guide which will help you understand a question like how to login into Linksys routers and so on. Go through the step by step guide and leave your review in the comment box.
How do I log into my Linksys router?
For Linksys Router Login, you need to follow these steps:
- Connect your PC to Router and your Router to Internet Service Provider’s modem via Ethernet Cable for a stable Connection. (you can also smartphone or tablet and connect it with Wi-Fi but it may get unstable).
- Open a browser and type the following Default Linksys router login IP: 168.1.1 and Press Enter. If the Default IP doesn’t work, you may have changed it or refer to the router’s user manual.
- Now you will be prompted to enter Linksys router login password. Enter the credential in the relevant field. If you haven’t changed the credential, then you can use the default login password: admin.
- After the successful login, Linksys Wi-Fi Router’s web interface will appear.
Note: You can use the above steps for Linksys router login smart wifi.
What is the default login and password for Linksys router?
You would only be asked for a password on the login screen. The default password is admin.
In case, you are prompted to enter the username or above-mentioned password isn’t working, you can refer to the user manual for the default credentials.
How do you log into your wireless router?
To log into your wireless router, follow these steps:
- Go to Setting > Wi-Fi of your desktop, smartphone or any other wireless device and turn your Wi-Fi on.
- Your device will now initiate a search for all wireless networks. Search your Wireless Router and Press Connect.
- If the connection is unsecured then you will automatically be connected else enter your Wi-Fi Password and Press
- After the successful connection, open your browser and type in the search bar: 192.168.1.1 or myrouter.local and Press Enter.
- A Login Screen will appear. Enter your personalized password. If you haven’t changed your Password, then enter default Password:
- You will now be redirected to Web-interface where you can make your advanced or basic changes.
Note: You can use the above steps for Linksys extender login.
What is my Linksys router IP address?
The Default Linksys router IP address is 192.168.1.1.
If it doesn’t work, you may have changed it or you can refer to the user manual.
How do I find out my Linksys router password?
To find your Linksys router password for connecting wireless devices, you need to follow these steps:
- Make sure your router is connected to your PC or Laptop through Ethernet Cable.
- Open your favorite web browser and type the default router’s IP address: 168.1.1 in the address bar and press Enter.
- You will now be asked to enter your Password. Enter the default Password: admin and leave the username field blank and click on OK. In case, the default password isn’t working you may have changed it in the past or you can refer to the router’s user manual.
Quick Tip: You can also type http://myrouter.local instead of the default IP address if you are using Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router.
- A Warning Message will appear related to Advanced Utility, which you can skip by clicking on
- You will now enter the Home Screen. Navigate to Wireless
- If your Configuration Mode is on Wi-Fi Protected Setup, you would see your SSID Name and Password on the same page.
- If your Configuration Mode is on Navigate to Wireless Security Tab under Wireless Tab.
- Select WPA2/WPA Mixed Mode from Security Mode Drop Down Menu to unveil the Password.
How do I recover my Linksys wireless router password?
If your Router’s Wi-Fi Password is lost or compromised, then you can follow the above-mentioned step but If your Router Access Password is changed or Lost then follow the steps below:
- To recover your access and Linksys wireless router password, you need to reset your device to factory setting. To do this Press and Hold the Reset Button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, the LED indicators of the router will start flashing, indicating the Reset Process.
- As the Reset Process completes, LED Indicators will be stable.
- You should now unplug the Router’s adaptor and Re-Plug it.
- Now your Router Access Password is admin and Username is Blank as a default setting.
How to Setup Linksys Router using Smart Setup Wizard?
Setting up your Linksys Router using Smart Setup Wizard is made easy as you don’t need an internet connection or Linksys router setup software to get your work done.
For Linksys router setup using Smart Setup Wizard, follow these steps:
- Although it’s not necessary for the Setup, you should have a modem with an active internet connection to your Linksys Router via Ethernet Cable to make sure your router setup is done successfully.
- Now connect your Router from your PC or Laptop through another Ethernet Cable. This will connect your PC to the ISP modem via Router.
- Open the Browser, type the default IP Address 168.1.1 or myrouter.local in the address bar and press Enter.
- A Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Setup Window will open, Tick the License Agreement checkbox and click
- If there is an Internet connection issue you will be prompted to Your Internet cable is not connected correctly window with instructions. Follow the instruction to solve the issue.
- Once you are successfully connected, you will be directed to the Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) page to enter your Account Name and Enter your details and click Next.
Note: you are not using DSL service. You will not be asked for these details.
- Now Update for your Router screen will appear. You are recommended to tick Install future router updates automatically (recommended) checkbox for automatic Update installations and Click Next.
- Now Name your Wi-Fi screen will appear where you should enter your Wi-Fi name, Password and click
- You will now be asked to connect your wireless device through Wi-Fi. Connect it with the details displayed on the screen and Click Next.
- The next screen is to set up a Router Access Password. Type in your unique Password, Type in your Hint which will help you to recall your password if you forget and Click Next.
- Now all your details will be displayed, which you are recommended to write it down somewhere safe, to use it later.
- Your Setup is completed Successfully. You will now be prompted to Create Your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account which you can skip or follow the instruction displayed on the screen to set it up.
Note: If you are having issues to set up your Linksys Router or Internet Connection. You can always contact the Linksys router support here.